I'm excited to be featuring a fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador on my blog today. Meet Josephine! I'm so excited that she's given me (and you) some smoothy recipes because 1. I LOVE smoothies, and 2. they are so great after a run when you don't feel like eating anything heavy and since I just started running again, what more motivation do I need to hit the pavement than to know that one of these sweet smoothies is there waiting for me? I'd use an althernative to cow's milk as well since I don't eat dairy, so I'm really glad she included that. I hope you enjoy her post!
My name is Josephine I love running and I blog over at Plant Based Runner this is my first time doing a blog swap and I am lucky to be paired with Sarah!
Not much can compete with a post run or post work out smoothie. The cold, refreshing, replenishing sweetness is just what I want and need. I’m not sure who he or she was but I love the creator of the post workout smoothie trend.
I generally make a smoothie by combining a serving (or ½ serving) of protein powder, a handful of frozen fruit and a cup or so of milk. Simple, effective and delicious. I don’t digest cows milk products very well so I use soy, almond or coconut milk and hemp protein or a non-dairy blend of proteins such as Vega (hemp, pea and rice). I have had others ‘test’ my smoothie recipes with cow’s milk and whey protein and they tasted delicious.
Below are two of my go to recipes:
|Chocolate Nutty Butter Banana Punch!|
Chocolate Nutty Butter Banana Punch
1 Cup Chocolate Milk (Cows, Soy or Almond)
1/2 - full serving of chocolate protein powder (Whey, Hemp, Vega or you favorite)
1 tablespoon of nut butter (Peanut, Cashew, Almond, etc)
1/2 to a full frozen banana (frozen is optimal it creates a thicker smoothie)
Blend all ingredients for 20-30 seconds or until blended and enjoy!
Blueberry Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
1 Cup of Milk. (Almond Vanilla is my favorite for this)
Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
1/2 to a full serving of protein powder (I like to use Vega Vanilla but any vanilla or chocolate protein will work)
1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
1/2 to a full frozen banana.
1 Big handful of frozen strawberries and blueberries (1 total or 4-6 strawberries & 10-15 blueberries)
Blend all ingredients.
Depending on the milk, protein and nut butter you use this shake should yield one serving with 200-300 calories, 8-18 grams protein, 5-12 fat, and 5-12 fiber. The perfect post run recovery. What do you put into your favorite smoothies?
If you’d like to hear more about me, my slow running, my love for smoothies & other plant based foods or my dog I can be found on twitter @joesahfeen for awesome photos I am @josephine on instagram or check out my blog here.
REMEMBER! Only 1 day left to enter my GYMBOSS Giveaway!
Mandatory1. Like My (Mostly) Healthy Life on Facebook.
2. Like Gymboss on Facebook and leave me a comment on here when you have done so telling me HOW you would use a GYMBOSS Interval Timer!
1. Follow me (@sarahohm) and Gymboss (@GYMBOSS) on Twitter.
2. Like My (Mostly) Healthy Life via Google Friend Connect on my blog (click "Join This Site").
3. Tweet about my giveaway, cut & paste the following "I just entered @sarahohm #giveaway for a @GYMBOSS interval timer on my mostlyhealthylife.blogspot.com!"
4. Share this giveaway on your Facebook page and tag myself and GYMBOSS in the post!This adds up to a possible 7 entries into my giveaway! Please leave one comment per entry on this post after completing each entry. This contest closes on Wednesday August 15, at 9:00PM (Toronto time!). I will announce the winner the following day! Contest is open to Canada & US residents! GOOD LUCK!