Happy Tuesday! Today was my second day of vacation and it was lovely! It was mostly productive because I woke up around 9, had a shower and then started the laundry! It was a great time doing the laundry because I usually have to fight to get a washing machine but apparently people have better things to do on a Tuesday at 10am than do laundry! I got all the laundry done by noon! I love getting stuff like that done, now I can not do laundry for the rest of the week! :) I spent a ton of time studying today, probably like 4 hours in total (as you can see below in the picture!), then I realized I was becoming super distracted so before my workout I made some lunch...
|edamame and tomato juice!|
- one arm cable row, 3 sets, 10 reps, 40lbs alternating arms
- bicep curl on the cable machine, 3 sets, 10 reps, 50lbs
- tricep press down on the cable machine, 3 sets, 10 reps, 50lbs
- upright row on the cable machine, 3 sets, 10 reps, 60 lbs
- cable crossover for my abs (I'm not sure what this is called?), 2 sets, 10 reps, 40lbs alternating sides
Then I started feeling like my blood sugar was low... When my blood sugar goes low I have to stop exercising to treat it, so I went back upstairs to the condo to get some food. I really didn't want my workout to end so after my blood sugar was better, I did some extra exercises in the condo!
- walking lunges, 16 reps, 3 sets, body weight
- lateral raises, 3 sets, 10 reps, however heavy my bottle of laundry detergent is :)
- frontal raises, 3 sets, 10 reps, the same weight as above
- jump squats, 5 sets, 10 reps, body weight
- tricep dips, 3 sets, 10 reps, body weight
So overall it wasn't a bad workout, and I did something new today - an at-home workout!! I don't think I've done an at-home workout since I've lived with my parents! So fun, also very convenient! After my workout I wanted something delicious and different for my fuel, so I decided to make a shake, rather than just having my protein powder with water. So this is what I made...
- ice cubes (I used like 6 little ice cubes)
- 1.25 cups of frozen blueberries and strawberries mixture
- 1 scoop of my Sun Warrior raw vanilla protein
- 1 spoonful of sunflower seed butter
- 1 glass of jasmine green tea
Yes, I used green tea in my smoothie! I literally just made a glass of tea (I used a jasmine green tea but you could use whatever you want), let it steep for 3-4 minutes and poured it into the Magic Bullet with everything else. It helped the blending process because it melted the ice z little bit, but it was delicious! I would highly recommend using tea in your next smoothie. The possibilities are endless!
With that being said, it's not the first time I've written about tea and written about how much I enjoy tea so when the folks over at NourishTea contacted me to try their product and supply one lucky reader with a jar of their own tea - I couldn't pass up the opportunity!! The kind of tea I was given is called Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls and I'm giving away a jar of the same, enough to make 40 cups of tea!
On the jar is a little letter from the founder of NourishTea, Chris Draper telling you how NourishTea came about...
On a personal quest to become healthier, I made the decision to start drinking tea daily. What I quickly found was that many teas were bitter and lifeless. Then one day, I had a simple cup of Darjeeling tea, served without milk or sugar and my concept of what tea could be was forever changed... Brilliant. My personal quest, developed into a Misson to bring tea to my family, friends and community. I set off to Asia to find the world's finest tea leaves and nourish tea was born. I invite you to try NourishTea today... Simple, authentic, loose leaf tea.
Cool story huh? Here is what the can says is the benefits of the tea...
NourishTea supports estates that are sustainable, ethical and abide by fair labour practices. 5% of our proceeds go to organizations that fight hunger while promoting nutrition. This exquisite tea comes from Fujian province, China. Picture this: thousands and thousands of tea pearls are hand-rolled, and then blended with actual jasmine flower blossoms. Once infused with water, the pearls then majestically unfurl, releasing an exotic jasmine scent.
That is totally what this tea does, I'm totally in love with the scent of it and I love how not bitter it is. You know how some teas just have that aftertaste? This has none of that! So cool! You can enter below via the Rafflecopter, and it will be going on for the next week, open to all US & Canadian residents!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tonight for dinner I'm making a delicious shrimp meal that I found on Nom Nom Paleo. Have you ever checked out his website? It's like the holy grail of paleo recipes.. I need to try more of them! Tonight is.....
Sautéed Shrimp with Onions and Cherry Tomatoes
2 lbs of uncooked shrimp, deshelled
2 tbsp of your favourite spice blend (I used 1/2 tbsp yellow curry, and 1 3/4 tbsp of lemon and herb)
4-6 tbsp of your favourite fat (I used butter!)
Kosher salt to taste
1 large onion (or 2 small onions), thinly sliced
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, washed
1 package of dried shittake mushrooms
1. Put the shrimp into a corriander and rinse it off, or defrost it with water if it's not already thawed.
2. Dry shrimp off with a paper towel and place it in a bowl and season them with your favourite spice blend.
3. In a large iron sillet melt 1-2 tbsp of the fat (butter in my case) over medium heat. Add the onions and salt and pepper and saute until the onions are soft, caramelized and translucent.
4. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms into the melted butter and cook until warm, but not until they explode! We want them to remain whole :).
5. Remove the onions and tomatoes from the pan, and add another tbsp or two to the pan and increase the temperature to medium-high.
6. Saute the shrimp, about a minute on each side - you can do this in more than 1 batch if you prefer.
7. When the shrimp are finished, put them on a plate and top with tomatoes and onions and freshly squeezed lime juice.
How is your week going? Thinking about going to hot yoga tomorrow - I'll let you know if I suck it up and do it!!!
PS - I want to give a huge shout out to Michelle because last night she got ENGAGED! I couldn't tell you about it last night because it wasn't public knowledge but YAY TODAY everyone knows now! I'm so lucky to have been a part of the big night, even if I wasn't there for the special moment! Congrats girl! You're so lucky and totally deserve it - can't wait to see the ring! :)